We did a pre-match interview with Vital Brentford to talk all things NCFC…
1) How long have you been supporting Norwich?
I first went to a game in 1985. My dad was a brummie but Norwich are my local team. I saw a 1-1 draw with Coventry and then a 3-0 defeat to champions elect Everton. However we had a good side back then and played some good stuff. I was hooked
2) What do you think of the new man in charge, Alex Neil?
We all loved Neil Adams, the man is Norwich city through and through, and won the FA Youth cup as manager. However I think he took the managers job after too little experience and it was almost a relief when he ‘resigned’. Alex Neil has a great record at Hamilton. It’s very early days but he has a great squad and the players seem motivated. Fans are looking for a Lambert-lite and he certainly seems very similar
3) 7th in the table, are you happy with this or should you be doing better?
This will sound arrogant but we should be walking this league. In many games we’ve had 15-20 shots on goal to 2-3 from the opposition but have managed to lose/draw. Since Hooper has come back this has changed and we are in good form. We will be top 6 I think for certain, hopefully top 2.
4) Who is your danger man?
Cameron Jerome has been a revelation. He has a great partnership with Hooper. Quick, strong and a goal scoring knack, including spectacular goals from nothing. One to watch.
5) Who is the best player you have seen in a Norwich shirt?
Good question. Jeremy Goss is the most memorable and rightly so. However in terms of ability I’d have to say Dean Ashton. He was a striker in the Teddy Sheringham mould and had a brilliant touch. Ruel Fox, Dale Gordon, Craig Bellamy, Chris Sutton, Huckerby were all top class though.
6) Which Brentford players do you think will cause problems to your defence?
Andre Gray always looks a handful when I’ve seen him. I think I recall a good finish against Cardiff at Christmas time. To be honest our defence is quite generous!
7) What do you think of the £35 ticket price for Brentford fans going to the game today?
Yes it is too much but that’s our CEO all over – he only cares about making money, not making money fairly. It is £35 for home fans though too. £25 is a fair price I think.
8) What has been the greatest moment for you as a Norwich fan?
The 2-1 away to Bayern Munich when Goss and Bowen scored. It really doesn’t get any better than that.
9) Last time we met, you beat us 3-0. Were you at the game? What did you think of it?
3-0 was very harsh. The first half was tight and I think something like 1-0 or 2-1 would have been fair. I wasn’t at the game but listened on the radio. The commentator said you played well, as did your manager after the game.
10) Finally, what is your prediction for the game?
I’m going 3-1 for us. In our last 3 home games we’ve scored 5,6 and 3. We are full of goals but our defence is suspect.